dash work continues…

put some more time into the dash this weekend.  I continued wiring up the gauges and also started working on a couple of other dash panels.  Since I’ve put the turn signal, bright and parking brake lights into the main dash panel I needed to fill all the holes I won’t be using where the original headlight, dome light, wiper and washer switches were.  I also filled a bunch of holes in the piece that goes under the steering wheel.  To fill the holes I put some painters tape on the front side and then filled the hole with duramix from the rear.  Then I removed the tap and put a layer of glazing putty on the front to fill in any pinholes.  I’ll sand down the glazing putty and then prime the whole piece.  I will probably use the rocker panel texture so it matches the dash.  Unfortunately, I also saw that a crack has formed on the dash.  I’ve been worried about that because of the weight of the gauges and all the handling it’s been going through.  Not sure what to do about it…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *